Join our innovative community and share in the Legend of Korra experience! Unlock all features that are only available to members!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Fresh Off the Boat
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
Fresh Off the Boat
There are quite a few things I have to pick with this show. One such being that that family is nowhere near being FOBs, despite the title. But definitely enjoyable show as a whole. Loving Constance as Jessica Huang. She steals the show away from everyone else whenever she's on screen.
03-18-2015 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
RE: Fresh Off the Boat
This last Tuesday's episode was one of the most amusing, and probably most relatable since everyone has their own superstitions. Definitely fun and I suppose a bit enlightening bringing in the superstitions and beliefs of other cultures, such as contrasting throwing salt over your shoulder with praying and cleansing a building of negative spirits and bad luck. Though I wish they would have explained the jade necklace meaning to protect a person, as for those not in the know, it probably just seemed weird that Louis got all crazy when he took his jade necklace off.

Constance did great again as Jessica, especially with this bit of dialogue:
Ashley Alexander: "We've had the Allen house on the market for years, and nobody's been able to sell it. It has a rodent problem."
Jessica Huang: "It's pet-friendly."
Ashley Alexander: "The roof has a hole."
Jessica Huang: "Skylight."
Ashley Alexander: "There was a brutal murder there."
Jessica Huang: "So statistically, another murder is unlikely."

Poor Scottie Pippen though. Took a lot of shots that night. ^^'''
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 10:49 AM by Warriorwolfpup.)
04-09-2015 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply