Join our innovative community and share in the Legend of Korra experience! Unlock all features that are only available to members!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legend of Korra SDCC 2015 Legend of Korra collectibles
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
SDCC 2015 Legend of Korra collectibles
EDIT: Being made by this Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today! With more figurines to come! If the promotional image on the site is anything to go by.

So it's taken a few years, and so far it's only at SDCC, but we're finally getting a Lin Beifong figure! And boy does it look Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!

[Image: zwyer-beifongjpg-6999ba.jpg]
Comic-con exclusive

[Image: tumblr_inline_nqj302aHZF1qdld5l_500.png]
Matte-version. Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 03:20 AM by Warriorwolfpup.)
06-27-2015 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
RE: SDCC 2015
::drools forever::
06-28-2015 02:09 AM
Platinum Wolfbat
Metal-Bender
Metal-Benders
RE: SDCC 2015 Legend of Korra collectibles
Nice. What has my attention is the statement that they might make more if fan demand is high enough.

On a semi-related note, there's also going to be a Dark Horse/Avatar panel at SDCC, meaning more possible comic announcements.
06-28-2015 04:45 PM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
(06-28-2015 04:45 PM)Platinum Wolfbat Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!On a semi-related note, there's also going to be a Dark Horse/Avatar panel at SDCC, meaning more possible comic announcements.

I'm not even sure I want the two already scheduled. Dizzy
06-28-2015 11:41 PM
Platinum Wolfbat
Metal-Bender
Metal-Benders
No matter what can be said about the comics, ANYTHING is welcome at this point. I already fear that people are starting forget about Avatar.
06-29-2015 08:37 AM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
(06-29-2015 08:37 AM)Platinum Wolfbat Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!No matter what can be said about the comics, ANYTHING is welcome at this point. I already fear that people are starting forget about Avatar.

Really?

I always err on the side of limited quality over abundant mediocrity. Especially for a franchise that mainly set itself apart because it was written so much better than most children's entertainment.
06-29-2015 04:27 PM
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
Although abundant mediocrity isn't the best option out there, with such a rich world I feel like the fans are just hungry for more, and they know it. Sort of...

Especially in a society where apparently nothing is every truly finished, this was bound to happen.
Star Wars I-III, VII-IX
Fuller House
Girl Meets World

Admittedly, I feel like Avatar also set itself apart because rather than drag it out to as many seasons as possible, they had a set plan and they stuck to that plan. Three seasons and done, making it a very satisfying end. So these comics, at least from my perspective, are a bit of a cheat on that. The shows are done and over, and the comics are just extra bits for fans who want them. As I doubt most of the general fanbase will go around searching for them.
07-17-2015 09:41 PM
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
[Image: tumblr_nr75f09WH91shyazao1_500.jpg]

Although not as amazingly perfect as Lin's figurine, Korra's still looks quite nice. Grinning
For sale in early 2016 apparently?

Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!
Hopefully Katara, Sokka, Aang, Toph, Zuko (book 3 version too would be nice), Mako and Bolin to be available soon as well. Although I know of a few others I'd like to be on this list as well.

Also, updated the first post with links to purchase the Lin Beifong figurine. Quite a pretty penny though at $99.99.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 03:21 AM by Warriorwolfpup.)
08-04-2015 03:10 AM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
That is totally not Korra's face. Pass.
08-04-2015 04:06 PM
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
It's kind of like the early versions of Korra's face... Before we really got to see her personality.
[Image: book-1.jpg]
08-09-2015 10:32 PM