Join our innovative community and share in the Legend of Korra experience! Unlock all features that are only available to members!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Fall TV report card
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
Fall TV report card
For any new shows you're not particularly following, what did you think?

I watched the premiere of Dads on Fox last night, and I was bored. Not enough heart to be considered heartwarming, not enough edge to be considered edgy. It was this horrible, miserable middle ground.
09-18-2013 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asami
Administrator
Administrators
RE: Fall TV report card
Mostly old shows for me, like Criminal Minds & CSI.
09-18-2013 08:27 AM
Obelisk20
Super Avatar Power
(09-18-2013 12:02 AM)Beckham Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!For any new shows you're not particularly following, what did you think?

I watched the premiere of Dads on Fox last night, and I was bored. Not enough heart to be considered heartwarming, not enough edge to be considered edgy. It was this horrible, miserable middle ground.

I kinda knew this would be the case. Stupid that FOX put this on, but they are letting American Dad go after this season. If you watch Family Guy, and watched the Cleveland Show, you will see that Seth can't make good shows anymore. American Dad is an anomaly in the Sethiverse in that it's good. At least IMO it's the only good Seth show on now.
09-21-2013 07:20 PM
Titanium321
Republic Citizen
Republic Citizen
Dads wasn't bad. It just didn't have enough bite. The sons had good chemistry but Seth Green's dad was sort of off, Martin Mull was totally on because its goddamn Martin Mull.

The issue was the relationships between father and son weren't that compelling and the jokes were kind of dull. The dads just sort of seem to be the same character too, not different enough.

But then again it was the pilot. Brenda Song was pretty good in it and is supposed to be a bigger role in the series.

There was a line with Seth Green storming out of the party but into the kids room accidentally and running back out that made me laugh pretty damn hard though.
09-21-2013 11:32 PM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
The Michael J. Fox Show could really do without the mockumentary interview cutaways.

Not every show has to be The Office.
09-27-2013 01:33 AM
Nightcrawler
Full of hot air!
And I would like them to go 5 minutes without a Parkinson's joke...

*BAMF*
09-30-2013 01:11 AM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
Fox just started Utopia last night, and it's as lame as I figured it'd be.

The personalities are just so stock, as are the conflicts. It'd be more compelling if they actually got along as well as you'd expect from people who actually came together purposefully to make a better society.
09-08-2014 10:30 AM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
Red Band Society is so trying to be the new Glee, which is exactly why Fox picked it up.

I think it'll work, but it's too pandering to the teenage crowd and not deep enough to be considered deep for me to be interested.
09-18-2014 10:30 AM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
Madam Secretary is decent, a nice little foray into what the job entails and the mild headaches that result.

The mystery into how she got the job is a little too political thriller, though, as though they need to keep pace with House of Cards or something.
09-22-2014 12:00 PM
Beckham
Boared
Administrators
black-ish is whack-ish. Did EVERY joke need to be racial?

I get that it was the first episode, but it didn't set a very good tone. If you're gonna be edgy, you've got to be funny too.
09-25-2014 12:00 AM