Join our innovative community and share in the Legend of Korra experience! Unlock all features that are only available to members!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disney XD's Marvel Universe
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Disney XD's Marvel Universe
Currently featuring Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

I've been following Spidey religiously, and while the humor can elevate to cringe-inducing levels at times, I've had a pretty fun time with it altogether. But they still don't make very good use of the rest of the team, which I hope they work on a lot for the third season.

Hulk's been decent, but five episodes in and I'm still not very impressed. A-Bomb tries too hard to as the impulsive kid, Red Hulk tries too hard as the self-centered jerk, and She-Hulk and Skaar barely feel like they're there.
09-13-2013 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaBender
Tardis Bender
RE: Disney XD's Marvel Universe
i agree with everything you've said

still can't stand agents of s.m.a.s.h
especially since it said in show by everybody why not just team hulk??
09-13-2013 06:01 AM
King Bumi
Republic Citizen
I like the ultimate spider man series. Then again my sense of humor is that of a 7 year old which seems to be the target audience for the show so I end up laughing at most of their jokes.

[Image: tumblr_msj405le3I1rfr4i6o1_500.gif]
09-13-2013 06:36 PM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Yay, Devil Dinosaur's in the series now. But I can't see them using him very much.

I miss Moon Boy. Maybe the second season...
09-16-2013 10:54 AM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
So, wait, the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. paid for a new miniature golf course? With what money?

Thunderbolt Ross must still have government connections...
09-23-2013 05:18 PM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Hulks fighting Frost Giants is a battle that really lends itself to some interesting visuals, and they went really easy on them. I wish they'd dedicate a little more smashing to this show, especially since Ultimate Spider-Man puts in some good action shots once the plan's been developed.

Speaking of which, I liked how they adapted to that giant fight at the end of the Halloween episode. Got a mammoth mummy problem? Find a Man-Thing solution.
10-08-2013 01:26 PM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Superhero Sandman actually could have worked well for Ultimate Spider-Man's pliable continuity, but I suppose the lesson to be learned was valuable.

And finally, some decent smashing. The Agents of S.M.A.S.H were throwing every weapon they had at those bugs.
10-28-2013 11:45 PM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Nice lead up to the finale, with Norman as The Goblin again and wishing to infect others the same way.

Hulk kind of dragged, when the solution to the Wendigo problem was obvious early on. I think they could have done more with the idea that he's the only one who can resist his rage, despite which form he takes. More like the Avengers Assemble episode when he proved himself to Black Widow.
11-04-2013 11:50 AM
Warriorwolfpup
Republic Citizen
As of this point I've only seen Season 1 and bits of season 2 of Ultimate Spiderman and all of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Both were fun enough to watch, but the Avengers one was sort of weird to follow. All of the storylines made sense and fit, but I guess it felt like they were jumping around a bit? Not entirely sure what bugged me about that show.
Hows does Avengers Assemble compare to that? If anyone can answer.
11-09-2013 04:22 AM
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
(11-09-2013 04:22 AM)Warriorwolfpup Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!Hows does Avengers Assemble compare to that?

Consensus seems to be that it doesn't take itself as seriously as the old show, and of course the cast has been cut down tremendously.
11-09-2013 04:55 AM