Join our innovative community and share in the Legend of Korra experience! Unlock all features that are only available to members!

Poll: How would you rate this episode?
5 - Excellent
4 - Good
3 - Fair
2 - Poor
1 - Horrible
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Legend of Korra Book 2, Chapter 3: Civil Wars, Part 1
Beckham
Back to Live
Administrators
Book 2, Chapter 3: Civil Wars, Part 1
Quote:Korra tries to remain neutral as tensions flare between the Northern and Southern Water Tribes.

Korra, neutral? That's never been her style.

It would be great if Mako called her out on not trying to take anyone's side. Grinning
09-20-2013 01:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
~Fyn~
Useful Idiot
RE: Book 2, Chapter 3: Civil Wars, Part 1
Pretty sure Korra would take the south's side, strictly because she's from the South Pole.
09-20-2013 02:14 AM
Republic Citizen
Oh man I'm away from my home until Wednesday and won't be able to watch the episode, which sucks because the episode sounds soooo interesting, LOL Korra trying to neutral, that's not really her.
09-20-2013 02:56 AM
sparkstoaflame
how bout we do anyway
Metal-Benders
No, neutral doesn't sound like Korra at all. XD I think that, though, she'll end up picking the South - among other reasons than it being her homeland.
09-20-2013 04:25 AM
Asami
Administrator
Administrators
A little to early for the poll, so I closed it for now.
09-20-2013 11:20 AM
SpinYawn
Republic Citizen
Well, that was certainly something. I still found myself more interested in the B-story than the A-story though. Where could Ikki be anyway? Horrified
09-20-2013 04:33 PM
sparkstoaflame
how bout we do anyway
Metal-Benders
Couldn't see the last minute or so. It didn't record fully...:P But I'm guessing that Korra's parents get accused of kidnapping Unalaq.

So...what can I say about this episode?

The episode was good (you know, aside from the animation being pretty slow - it drew away from the fight scenes), Asami didn't appear AT ALL, and it's like she just got dumped. :| But anyways...I really liked the plot, the plot twists - how they tried to kidnap Unalaq was a really nice one. And I'm impressed at how far Mako and Korra came from when they first met...but her and Mako are a bit shaky in their relationship, although that dinner scene with Eska/Desna and Bolin was absolutely hilarious, haha. XD

So also, Korra's behavior to her parents was pretty much justified in the last five minutes of the episode, and the feels, oh my gosh - I love Korra/family bonding time! That needs to happen so much more.

All in all, a great episode, full of action - better definitely than episodes 1 and 2. :3
09-20-2013 05:21 PM
SpinYawn
Republic Citizen
(09-20-2013 05:21 PM)sparkstoaflame Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!Couldn't see the last minute or so. It didn't record fully...:P But I'm guessing that Korra's parents get accused of kidnapping Unalaq.

I believe they were just accused of conspiring against him.
09-20-2013 05:33 PM
Titanium321
Republic Citizen
Republic Citizen
(09-20-2013 05:33 PM)SpinYawn Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!
(09-20-2013 05:21 PM)sparkstoaflame Wrote: Only our Republic Civilian members can access links, please click here to join us today!Couldn't see the last minute or so. It didn't record fully...:P But I'm guessing that Korra's parents get accused of kidnapping Unalaq.

I believe they were just accused of conspiring against him.

Conspiring to assassinate him. Although, are spoiler tags necessary? Who's going to come in here right now without seeing the episode first?

Anyway, this episode was actually kind of frustrating. Because its so obvious there is something amiss about Unalaq's plans and Korra is just falling for the same old trick again.

As a rule of thumb, if your soldiers get angry and attack kids for throwing snowballs, you are the bad guy. If your soldiers take it in stride and throw snowballs back, you are the good guy.

There's a pretty clear class difference setting up with the Northern and Southern tribe. You get a real sense the Southern tribe is lower class to middle class at best, even their rich people like Varrick and that the Northern tribe looks down on them just from the little interactions we've seen so far.

The one thing I will take from this episode is that Korra is a really bad judge of character and even worse at empathizing and understanding others, even her own tribe.

Which there's a line that could almost be throwaway but it catches the real issue here, Korra always wanted to just be the Avatar, not have a normal life like her parents wanted for her. Which means she never really felt like she belonged in the South since she was always trying to get away to go be the Avatar, so she also never really connected with the tribe and has no real understanding of the conflict between the two tribes as she views it as an outsider.
09-20-2013 08:47 PM
Asami
Administrator
Administrators
Noticed how Korra interrupted Unalaq while he just sat in his throne? I felt it right there, his sense of power & thirst for the war. Then basically telling Korra it's her problem to fix.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 10:00 PM by Asami.)
09-20-2013 10:00 PM